Rim Of Kathmandu
Nepal with Comfort Trek & Wildlife Safari
Sightseeing of the Kathmandu valley involves medieval palaces, Hindu and Buddhist temples. 200km west from Kathmandu, Pokhara lies in the shadow of the mighty
Annapurna mountain range in the tropical sunshine. You may enjoy views of the high snow peaks unparalleled in any other part of the world! And of course, boating on Fewa Lake is an additional activity. Chitwan National Park is very popular for elephant safari, dugout canoeing, nature walks, bird watching, jungle excursion, visits to villages of the local tribe called Tharu ………..
Trekking around the Kathmandu valley is an easy scenic excursion, includes the vantage points along the rim, from where on a clear day the magnificent High Himalaya may be viewed all day. Quiet, cool spots that embrace views of several peaks make this a walker's delight. The area along the way is thickly forested with luxuriant growth of various floras including rhododendron, magnolia and Sal trees. Nature lovers and bird watchers can spend days exploring and discovering some exceptional species of wildlife there.
Overnight at village and hill resorts along the way. Packed lunch will be provided every day. Approximate walking time would be about 6-7 hours each day at an easy pace.
'Hotel Shangri-La- or Radission Hotel Kathmandu' are two of the deluxe hotels we recommend in Kathmandu with beautiful gardens, centrally located, just minutes away from all the attractions.
'Adventure Tented Camp & Country Kitchen'- 2010 meter above the sea level is just located on the ridge of Kathmandu valley. This exclusive property with 10 deluxe tents, cozy restaurant and bar, open roof-top terraced veranda with magnificent views of the mountain ranges of Northern & North Eastern Himalayas, the breathtaking Bird's Eye View of the ancient four cities (Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Kirtipur).
'Balthali Village Resort' - a perfect place for solitude and then to relax midst countryside where time stands still, unperturbed, almost like the middle ages. is very simple, unconventional, yet comfortable retreat center with full modern amenities of 10 double rooms with western style toilets and attached bath rooms, hot and cold shower flows freely and the tasty Nepalese and continental food is served.
'The Dwarika’s Himalayan Shangri-La Village Resort' is designed in a distinct traditional Nepali style with modern amenities at Dhulikhel. All rooms are spacious with attached bath, hot and cold water by solar system, fireplace and wide balcony with carvings by traditional craftsmen. View sunrise from your room and enjoy the day with the warm sun within your veranda.
'Farm House or Fort- Nagarkot' Simply made in Nepalese architecture, all the rooms with good view of valley and panoramic mountain views, located above 2000 meters above seas level.
'Shangri-La Village or Pokhara Grande' One of the best village resorts in Nepal with all the modern facilities, tastefully decorated rooms with panoramic views of the Himalay.
'Machan Paradise View -Chitwan' Located at the edge of Royal Chitwan National Park, features rustic cottages with a garden just to laze about in.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. Reception at airport & transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Sightseeing tours to Swyambhunath, Old Kathmandu and Bhaktapur.
- Day 03: POKHARI THUMKO (2010m) After breakfast drive for one hour to Godam Chaur (1400m), visit orphanage and commence trek to Pokharai Thumko through thick forest. This is a vantage point for a sweeping view of the snowy mountain peaks on the north horizon and an ideal location to watch spectacular sunrise and sunset. Phulchowki is another point that offers a marvelous view of mountains and the area is noted for its abundance of wild flowers and diverse species of birds. Overnight stay at Adventure Camp & Country Kitchen.
- Day 04: POKHARI THUMKO (2010m)- After breakfast, trek to Phulchowki, 2772m – the highest altitude of Kathmandu Valley. Walk through the ridges of the hill where rhododendrons and bamboo jungle are found in abundance. Phulchowki is famous for being one of the best bird watching sites and butterflies, insects and plants. Pack Lunch served. 5 to 6 hours trek. Overnight stay at Adventure Camp & Country Kitchen.
- Day 05: BALTHALI (1650m.) Trek to Panauti, an ancient Newari town, built on the confluence of two rivers, which makes it a very holy site with a temple of Indreswar Mahadev of 15th century. Walk through a thick forest to Balthali, a middle age village - an outstanding place of isolation and relaxation amidst a surrounding of typical Nepali countryside with terraced rice fields and ochre thatched farm houses. You can see Dorjee Lhakpa, Langtang and whole range of mountains in a clear day to the north and high hills of green Mahabaharat range to the south. Overnight at Balthali Village Resort.
- Day 06: DHULIKHEL Nama Buddha and onto Dhulikhel. Overnight at Dhulikhel Lodge Resort.
- Day 07: NAGARKOT Trek to Nagarkot which is one of the vantage points on the rim if the valley, from where on a clear day the magnificent High Himalayan may be viewed. A quiet, cool spot that embraces several peaks in atmosphere make this a walker's paradise. Overnight at Farm House or similar.
- Day 08: KATHMANDU Trek to Sankhu and drive via Boudhnath to Kathmandu. Or trek to Changunarayan and drive to Kathmandu. Overnight stay at Hotel. Day 09: POKHARA After breakfast, drive to airport and take a 35 minutes scenic flight to Pokhara Valley which lies 200 kms from Kathmandu and is the home of famous Gorkha soldiers. It lies in the shadow of the mighty Annapurna mountains, in warm tropical climate of a bare 3000’. And from its groves of bamboo and banana, rise paddies and poinsettia, you can enjoy such a view of the high snow peaks unparalleled in any other part of the world ! And of course boating on lake Fewa is an additional activity you might try. Drive to Hotel for overnight.
- Day 10: POKHARA Day excursion in Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 11: CHITWAN 0700 AM: Breakfast at hotel. 0800 AM: Drive for five hours to Chitwan National Park. Nepal's famous national park, situated in the low lands of the Inner Terai, covering an area of 900 sq.km, is the largest remaining home in Nepal for more than 400 of the endangered Asian one-horned rhinoceros and harbors one of the largest populations of the elusive and rare Royal Bengal tiger. Chitwan also supports 450 species of birds, four kinds of deer, spotted chital, leopard, sloth bear, wild boar, monkeys, many other smaller animals and a great variety of flora and fauna. Overnight at Narayani Safari Lodge.
- Day 12: CHITWAN Spend day with jungle activities such as elephant safaris, jungle walk, Bird watching and village visit etc.. Overnight at the Lodge.
- Day 13: KATHMANDU After breakfast, drive for five hours to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 14: KATHMANDU: Breakfast at Hotel and day at leisure. PM: A Nepalese dinner with culture program. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 15: AM: Breakfast at Hotel. Free till the departure transfer to airport.
- Duration : 15 Days
5 or 6 hours walking up and down in your pace through hills up to 3000 meters of
altitude, about 10 kilometers per day for a week.
- Activity : Tour
- Destination : Nepal
Sightseeing of the Kathmandu valley involves medieval palaces, Hindu and Buddhist temples, 200 kms west from Kathmandu, Pokhara lies in the shadow.
Sightseeing tour to medieval towns of Kathmandu Valley and Nagarkot, on the northeast edge of the Valley at an elevation of 2,175m.
Trip Type: Fixed Departure Trips
This trip starts with sightseeing of Medieval cities in Kathmandu Valley, and trek in beautiful Annapurnas which affords breath-taking views of the mountains.
Trip Type: Fixed Departure Trips
This is one of the most spectacular trips with trek on an 'off the beaten path' trail in the Annapurna region, cycling from Pokhara to Gorkha along a classic trail.
Region: Other Region
Activity: Tour, Rafting, Mountain Biking
Extension before and/or after your program: most extensive range of eco friendly treks and tours available through Nepal Sanctuary Treks & Tours. You can find treks & tours suitable for first timers, families, students on adventurous, cultural, historical, religious and pilgrimage sites, mild to tough rating from day to couple of weeks. You can extent for white water rafting, wildlife safari, tour to Tibet and Bhutan, sight-seeing, cycling, Mountain flight, Para gliding, Power gliding, Heli hike or short hike before and / or after your program.
Special interest groups: If you are looking for something completely different besides above – Business conference, School trip Incentives, Sports, research, Shooting or Volunteer teaching or working for orphanages, Cultural experience with house stay, Bungy Jump, Bird Watching, Fishing, Yoga, or herbal treatment, name it, we are able to arrange a custom designed holiday/program to suit your particular requirement.
For the truly tough, there are the month-long treks into the Everest region via Hongu valley with its splendid views of the eastern mountains as the trial leads between them up and over the Amphu Labsa , one of the most difficult passes in Nepal.